PORK FILLET WITH CHERRY AND RED WINE SAUCE
Serve Bladen Pinot Noir with this super tasty pork dish. The bacon keeps the meat beautifully moist the cherries pull the whole dish together as a taste sensation of food and wine!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 600 grams pork Fillet
- Fresh sage leaves
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- Pre heat the oven to 200˚C.
- Trim the pork and silver-skin. Brush with olive oil and season. Press sage leaves onto the meat then wrap the fillets in bacon and secure with string or tooth picks.
- Heat a little oil in an oven-proof sauté pan and quickly sear the pork on all sides.
- Roast for 12 mins or until just cooked. Remove from the oven, cover lightly and rest for 10 mins.
Slices of roasted kumara
CHERRY AND RED WINE SAUCE
- 1 T olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 small red onion very finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 2 T brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- ½ cup red wine (Bladen Pinot Noir)
- 300 gm fresh cherries
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a saucepan, add the onion, garlic and rosemary, season, cover and cook until the onion is tinder.
- Stir in the brown sugar and mixed spice and cook for 1 min to caramelise the sugar.
- Add the balsamic and let bubble up. Stir in the wine and stock.
- Pit half the cherries, leaving the remainder whole with stems on. Add to the sauce. Simmer gently for 40 mins or until reduced and syrupy.
Place a serving of kumara and spinach on each plate. Slice the pork and arrange on top. Spoon over the cherry sauce.