Coconut Prawns Crostini with Avocado and Sweet Chilli Mayo
Wine Match: Bladen Pinot Noir Rosé
- 12 large raw shelled prawn cutlets with tails attached
- 1 Egg - whisked
- 1 cup coconut threads
- Coconut oil for frying
- 12 slices of ciabatta
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 large, beautifully ripe Avocados (1 to mash, 1 thinly sliced)
- Juice of 2 lime
- 1 Tbsp of sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup homemade (or good quality store brought) Mayo
- 2-3 Tbsp of sweet chilli sauce
To prepare Crostini:
- Heat oven to 160° C
- Mix the olive oil and crushed garlic together with a little salt and pepper.
- Lightly brush this garlic oil over both side of the ciabatta slices and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 15 mins or until lightly crisp. Remove from the oven and cool.
To prepare Avocado mash:
- Mash together one of the avocados with the juice of one lime and the sour cream. Season with salt and paper to taste.
To prepare Sweet Chilli Mayo:
- Mix the mayo together with the juice of one lime and the sweet chilli sauce. Adjust these last two ingredients to taste.
To prepare Prawns:
- Pat the prawns dry with a paper towel then dip into the egg, followed by the coconut threads.
- Heat coconut oil in a fry pan then gently fry the prawns until they are just cooked and are lightly browned.
- Spread the Crostini with the Avocado Mash.
- Arrange a slice or 2 of avocado and a Coconut Prawn on top.
- Drizzle with the Chilli Mayo to finish.