Salmon with Sauvignon Blanc Cream Sauce
Wine Match: Bladen Sauvignon Blanc
4 Salmon fillets. Skin on, boned.
1 large onion (chopped)
½ bottle of Bladen Sauvignon Blanc (plus 1 glass for the cook!)
2 tsps. Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
To prepare sauce:
- Simmer together Sauvignon Blanc and onion. Reduce this to just less than a cup of liquid.
- Strain and press the onions to recover as much liquid as possible.
- Discard onion.
- Place wine liquid and cream into sauté pan and boil to reduce to a creamy sauce consistency.
- Stir in mustard along with lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste
To prepare salmon:
- Season the flesh side of the fillets well with salt and pepper.
- Place skin side down in a preheated, hot skillet to sear skin to crispy.
- Turn and brown flesh side to just cooked.
- Place salmon on top of blanched beans and salad
- Drizzle a little sauce over the salmon.
- Garnish with dill or capers.
- Accompany with a glass of the remaining Bladen Sauvignon Blanc.